Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Pulse: Artist Survey I


There is a huge group of talented artists in the blogosphere, all of whom have their own special style and unique approach to art. I thought it would be amazing to pool their collective talents and be able to share this information with everyone. So I have contacted a number of artists and asked them to answer 7 questions as a way to take the pulse of the artistic community. The responses I have received have been varied, fascinating, creative, and even a little bit surprising. Learn more about your favorite artists, discover some new ones, and add to your list of must-see blogs and websites. Beginning Thursday January 24th through Friday February 1st, I will post all the answers to one of the 7 questions on each weekday. I hope you will find this as exciting and fun as I have. My plan is to make this a regular part of my blog and ask 7 new questions every 6 months. I would love to have as many people participate as possible, so if you are an artist and would like to be included in this survey, please email me using the link at the upper right hand corner of this blog. I will send you the questions to answer and also include a link to your blog and/or website on all these posts. See you on the 24th!

9 comments:

mcdc3s said...

Wonderful idea.

Anonymous said...

Seth,

Brilliant!
can't wait to see what pops up out of the cake...
...to quote the Black Eyed Peas:
"LET'S GET IT STARTED"

Cheers,
Lisa Hoffman

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it Seth. :)

notmassproduced said...

wow - what a fantastic idea - i will look forward these

Gillian McMurray said...

Can't wait.

notmassproduced said...

p.s i'd love to participate but can't seem to access your email. mine is notmassproduced@hotmail.co.uk if you wouldn't mind sending me the info.

thanks

cookievf said...

Hey Seth! I like your idea very much... not that I needed additional incentive to return.

Just checking out Roughcast and I really LOVE your themes, structure, TEXTURE, graphic bits (fellow number "freak"), emerson quote, etc etc. You inspire me!

Did you ever consider a basic tutorial on just SOME of the techniques you use in your art? I'm also interested in which coil binder you used in that one?

- Vicki

Unknown said...

what a great idea! I'd love to participate. can't wait to read all the answers (and the questions!)

Anonymous said...

Seth, I think this might be one of the coolest things I've seen... thank you so much for your amazing creativity and generosity. Your artwork is gorgeous and I am in awe and inspired! All my best! K.