Monday, July 28, 2008

all aBOARD

Billboard n.

1. A panel for the display of advertisements in public places, such as alongside highways or on the sides of buildings.

2. The advertisement or message posted on such a panel.

3. An introductory list of highlights from the program or text that follows, as in a broadcast or magazine.

4. A mixed media book inspired by old, layered, and no-longer-used billboards.

My newest page:



Some details:





Click here to see earlier pages.

Ingredients: altered paper, altered photograph, ephemera, acrylic paint, dry transfer, pigment and dye ink. 6 1/2" x 3 1/4". Click to enlarge for detail.

17 comments:

Chris said...

You didn't burn part of this did you?
It's groovy. I always want to try all your techniques. Still haven't worked on hands yet. After I finish a swap project tonight, I'm going to try to get the burnt,rusty color/texture.

Anonymous said...

I love that layered pie of paper on billboards.. Have been known to take it home. Last time I tried to surreptitiously snatch some, a giant chunk fell off and I blew my cover...

Anonymous said...

It's BRILLIANT the concept and the project both....really great!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

i really like your work. it is fresh...
~Nita~

Kristy C said...

really awesome stuff Seth!!
I love all the layers!

Jazz said...

I love this series. The whole concept is really exciting.

Judy said...

Love it but really need to see this one irl...

Leslie said...

These pages are wonderful Seth. Keep 'em coming. And what Judy said: I would love to see them irl.

rivergardenstudio said...

These is a wonderful page Seth! I love the scratched surfaces, the tearing and the staining. Your design is also, as usual, incredible... Roxanne
Oh, and I forgot to thank you for the leaves!

Karen Cole said...

Boy, do I love these.

Those scratches!!

lynne h said...

love the textures, colors, and all of those little bits and pieces...

my eyes are definitely smiling!!

Unknown said...

I love old billboards with peeling layers, these pages are very reminiscent...

ArtPropelled said...

I've just enlarged the photo of your page. It's wonderful! I love the layers, the scratching and that peeled billboard look in general..

Anonymous said...

blown away - again..

mcdc3s said...

This project is really turning out quite nicely. You've put a lot into each page! Where do you find the time????

Jason said...

I really enjoy looking at this type of work. Thanks for sharing it.

Bronwyn said...

These are really brilliant. Well done indeed!