Monday, March 23, 2009

Inspiration Station


Inspiration can often be found in the most unlikely of places...as long as you are open to the possibility. But sometimes the source of inspiration is as plain as the nose on your face...or the blog on your computer. I am often inspired by the words and images posted on art blogs and websites. For example Chris from Prism Trail fills her sidebar with constantly changing, individual links that inspire her at any one moment in time.

This in turn has inspired me to add a section to my sidebar which I am calling, fittingly enough, Inspiration Station. In it, I will post a link to the blog post, website, artist, artwork, podcast, book, video (well, you get the idea) that is inspiring me in the moment. It will be updated as frequently or as infrequently as I find new inspiration. So you are invited to visit often and click on the link for your own shot of creative inspiration. And speaking of...

Pasticcio Quartz - the Celebrate Spring issue - is now hot off the presses. 52 pages packed with creativity. Artwork, techniques, interviews, book reviews, must-visit websites, and so much more. This is issue #6 from the team of Sarah Fishburn and Angela Cartwright. Click here for more information and to purchase.


Kelly Moore, an artist who creates and sells his work in the flea market on the Tesuque reservation in New Mexico, has just released a book entitled Eruption. This is a 120 page book packed with his unique artistic stylings. Click here to preview and order a copy. You can read more about Kelly in an earlier post here or go directly to his website here. But be warned...once you enter the site, you may never find your way out! Kelly is an amazing man and his book offers a glimpse into his raw style of art.

18 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

awe you!!! You're the inspiration!!!! Thank you so much, Seth.... I'm typing this with doughy hands, I was just making biscuits!!! I wish I could offer you a plate full!!

Jill Zaheer said...

Doughy hands and still reading blogs? That's inspirational unto itself Gwen! Seth, what a great column and such inspiration in such little space. Your new "Inspiration Station" is great, and already I've seen such stunning work. You have such vision and creativity, and of course, continued generosity in sharing the amazing works, talents and artistry of others. Continued thank yous for all you do, share and inspire in others. You help make the world a brighter place to be, filled with so much more color, radiance and gifted artwork!
Jill

Anonymous said...

I used to have a lot of truoble finding inspiration...now I see it everywhere...the changing sidebar is a great idea!

(I have demanded the KM book for my upcoming birthday. He gets me the book (plus remark)...and nobody gets hurt..)

Chris said...

Seth! Thank you so much for the shout out. You inspire me continually. Your work is edgy and I love it. And I look forward to finding out who/what inspires you!

sf said...

I too find you a constant source of inspiration. You're always makin' stuff, doing things!! You add light to our lives, kiddo...

Anonymous said...

Not only is Chris a great read, she is right on the ball. Of course you are starting a trend now... a blog fad..watch!

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hey darlin!

Good to hear from ya again....I hope all is going well and you are still creating those beautiful works of art!

Take care and keep in touch...have a beautiful & creative week!

xo...deb

3rdEyeMuse said...

although it can be a little overwhelming at times, is it possible to be treated to too much inspiration? I think not. :) thank for the addition.

Karin Bartimole said...

Hi Seth, I love the idea of your Inspiration Station and look forward to exploring your ever changing link there! thanks for sharing these folks - Kelly's work is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oh cool! It's interesting to see what is inspiring you these days. I'm going to check out your links in a sec.

Anonymous said...

The changing sidebar is a great idea! Mind if I do the same? I'm looking forward to seeing what you put into your Inspiration Station!

Leslie said...

Yep Seth, if I had an inspiration station, you'd be a permanent exhibit there.

And, I ordered Kelly's book last week. Thanks for bringing him to my attention a while back!

Corrine said...

Great idea, I'll be back often to see what inspiration is out there next.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

What a great idea Seth! And I love Gwen's blog. Peaceful. Artists love inspiration. I find it almost every day; the wings of a moth, a sunrise, a work of art, something that makes me laugh...a perfect mushroom for the omelets. You know all about it. Thanks for this. You have a most inspiring blog.

lynne h said...

the inspiration station is a great idea, seth! and this kelly moore book... woo, i think i gotta have it...

Lost Aussie said...

Love the inspiration station...what a well conceived idea!

Evangeline said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Kelly Moore is amazing!

JonesMoore Studio Art, Lisa JonesMoore said...

Thank you, Seth, for including my photo "Bunker Door at Fort Worden" (from my blog) as a link to your "Inspirations"! Your blog offerings certainly inspire me... I'll visit often!