Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Week Links: 39

Join me every Sunday when I share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week.
All previous links can be found here.

And here is Week 39...


An artist's studio made totally our of cardboard. Talk about thinking outside the box. Created by Tom Burckhardt and found on Creative Boom.

And speaking of cardboard, how about an entire enchanted forest made of cardboard by Eva Jospin also on Creative Boom. 

9 inspiring work spaces from Poppytalk.

Loving this multi-panel artwork from Stephanie Hilvitz. Both beautiful and meaningful.

Also loving this sketchbook from Kim Henkel.

File this under I never knew that I wanted one but now I do: Ron Arad's "Pressed Flower" sculptures made from compressed Fiat 500s and mounted on the wall. Now at Paul Kasmin Gallery in NYC.

Rikka Kovasin has a monthly inspiration series on her blog. I am especially liking this post on finding inspiration from our art supplies.

11 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks SETH...I will look over these this morning!
Have a peace-filled DAY!

Jo Murray said...

Who knew what uses cardboard had? The flattened Fiats are marvellous...I want one on my garden wall.

elle said...

Minimal cardboard!!! even minimal studios although one wonders if they are working studios. ??? An abundance of butterflies shown minimally. luv it! cool pressed flower. :) and inspiration. Ya done it again, Seth!!!

Linda said...

Seth, just loving your blog and especially "The Week Links"--thanks for the heads up to Creative Boom. Now I really need to get back to work although I'm really wanting to look at the rest of today's links!

Unknown said...

wow, thank you for including me in this group of amazing work...the cardboard studio and forest...i.love.them.
All of the links make for an inspirational snowy Sunday.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you so much for adding me to the magnificent list! <3 So honored!

BLockHEad said...

Love them all!

Kim Henkel Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Henkel Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Henkel Creations said...

Thanks for including me in your weekly list Seth! I am a bit behind in my blog browsing, but will get to them all soon! Have a wonderful week.

Kay Wallace said...

Let me start by saying I love Riikka! And, I love cardboard (two great links)! I have visited the Dominican Republic many, many times, Seth, and am always amazed how such beautiful, polished and brilliant young women come forth from the most humble of houses on dirty little streets when day turns to night. I was reminded of that by your link to inspiring spaces! I have the whole third floor of my New England home, plus an anteroom, for my art studio and complain that I don't have enough space. These inspiring spaces are modest, at best, yet, I am sure, produce amazing art. I am grateful tonight, my friend. Thank you!